Dan Wesson Specialist Commander Description:
When police departments approached Dan Wesson to build them a more reliable, durable 1911 to replace the ones they had been carrying, they developed a model just for them. The additions that made it ideal for law enforcement.
A full-size 1911, the Specialist is chambered in .45 and loaded with features to satisfy a public servant’s special requirements. The forged stainless steel slide wears its popular Clark-style serrated rib with a single amber tritium dot in the rear sight and a green lamp with a white target ring in front.
The frame sports an integral 1913 Picatinny, 25 LPI front strap checkering, undercut trigger guard and recessed slide stop to enable the installation of laser grips. Equipped with ambidextrous thumb safety and extended magazine release, the Specialist is operator-friendly. It is finished off with a set of G10 VZ Operator II grips that force the hand into the beavertail and hold it there.
Key Features of This Dan Wesson Specialist Commander:
- Ambi Safety, Grip Safety, An ambidextrous safety allows for an easy to access to the safety for both left-handed and right-hand shooters.
- Fixed Night Sight, A Novak-style snag-free sight with tritium self-illuminated vials.
- Front Serrations, Forward cocking serrations give solid purchase for press-checks.
- Frontstrap 25 LPI Checkering, Sharp, 25 LPI checkering, giving plenty of grip without being too aggressive.
- Long Solid Trigger, A long solid trigger was used to give a traditional look and incorporate a serrated face.
- Rail, Equipped with a 1913 Picatinny rail, adding a light or laser is a simple operation.
- Rear Tactical Night Sight, With an abrupt front face, tactical rear sight allows for one-handed racking of the slide and has a single tritium vial dead-center below the sight’s notch.
- Square Butt Profile, The standard square butt profile for those who prefer a traditional look.
- Tactical Hammer, The skeletonized hammer helps to reduce weight and maintains the clean look of the pistol.
- 2x Magazines
- Hard Case
- Cable Lock
- User Manual